April 8, 2009
We've released Ambra 0.9.2 final. This release focused on a complete redesign of the article page and many other user interface improvements.
To summarize the major changes:
- The article page was completely redesigned to accommodate new features and give a better visual experience to the user.
- Tabs are included on the article page for Related Content and Comments.
- Links to related articles appear in the right hand column of the article page.
- Links to the appropriate issue or collection appear in the right hand column of the article page.
- Related subject categories can be displayed in the right hand column of the article page and the Related Content tab.
- Competing interest statements were added to all notes, comments and ratings.
- The creation of retraction annotation types.
- The Most Recently Published homepage block can be configured to display a set number of articles, articles from within a published date range and an article white list (e.g. display only research articles).
- Articles can be ordered within an issue and in the table of contents.
- Formal corrections and retractions are now displayed in the table of contents next to the appropriate article.
- Support for NLM DTD 2.3.
- The administration portal was overhauled to provide a better workflow for creating volumes and issues.
- The administration portal was updated to allow manual ordering of articles within an issue.
For a list of changes that have gone into Topaz please see:
February 25, 2009
We've released Ambra 0.9.1 final. This is a minor release that fixes issues discovered after the release of 0.9.1-rc1:
- Search slowness
- Cache serialization/synchronization failures in ArticleAnnotationCache and FeedCache
- Broken title override for fetchArticle.action
RPMs can be downloaded from the Download page
January 29, 2009
We have just released Topaz 0.9.1. If you are using Maven for your builds, then all of you need to do is change the version to "0.9.1" to download it.
If you are currently using Topaz, please be aware of the Ambra data migration required in 0.9.1:
To summarize the major changes:
- Migration of annotations from fields to methods.
- Support for Java Generics.
- New annotation to allow Topaz to pass 'fields' to the Lucene resolver for text searches. This allows use of TQL/OQL to mingle semantic and text searches in the same query. Please see:
- Auto-loading of annotated java classes.
- And finally something that is probably really important, we have some actual documentation. Please take a look at http://www.topazproject.org/trac/wiki/Topaz/Manual and provide feed back or suggest changes that would help you understand Topaz better. This is still work in progress and the hope is to complete it within the next one month.
- Various other minor fixes and improvements.
September 1, 2008
0.9 release of Topaz has been released. This release mostly comprises of bug fixes. Significant changes:
- Support for Mulgara 2.0+
- Moved to Bitronix Transaction Manager because of bug in JOTM
- Object level caching for applications
- Performance improvements through query restructuring
- Migration to Apache 2.0 Liense
April 5, 2008
Topaz license has been migrated to Apache in subversion.
April 4, 2008
We are pleased to announce the 0.8.3 release of the Topaz platform. Some significant amount of work has gone into this release and feedback would be much appreciated. Besides the usual bunch of bug fixes, there are some significant changes that have gone in:
- Support for JTA
- You can use Topaz within an external JTA compliant transaction manager
- Topaz uses JTA to communicate with the underlying stores
- Structural revamp of OTM
OTM package has been revamped (more needs to be done) to be able to do non-POJO bindings.
- Lazy loading for collection of associations
Please see #627
- Infrastructure work for content models
Still more work needs to be done here to provide support for OWL/RDFS.
- Use of RMI instead of SOAP to communicate with Mulgara
- Support for read-only transactions
Should lead to better performance as it will allow concurrent transactions on Mulgara
- Support for Mulgara 1.2